Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It's raining men

So, how many guys DOES it take to put 20 bricks back into my sidewalk?
There are MEN EVERYWHERE....literally.  I had 6 pieces of construction equipment parked in my front yard last night when I got home from track. This morning at 6:45am they started showing up and turning them on and tearing apart the ditches to put in our new fiber optic lines for the phone/internet/tv combo.  YAY! and BOOO, because hubby had just gotten home from work and was attempting to sleep.  Anyway, around 8am they ripped through my sidewalk and driveway and were in the process of putting it all back together again when I snapped this picture.  It's not warm enough yet for them to be working without their shirts...and a few of them look like they would be worthy of looking....

We are also in the middle of farming and we have guys all over with tractors and fertilizers and corn and beans and.....well........more men.

Around 3pm today I will have yet another man in my house (besides my hubby) to fix my stove and microwave.  My brand new, less than 5 month old, microwave does everything but heat....this is kinda important, heat I mean.......so the company is "fixing it". Seems to me a new microwave would actually be cheaper...the service guy even said so...but, whatever. So "service guy" is going to fix my new microwave and do a little fixing on my old stove (7 years old).  I have been without a microwave and stove for almost 3 weeks.  I am sitting on a ton of chocolate chips that need to made into cookies!!!  Plus the rhubarb is ready to be plucked and made into Rhubarb Crisp....yum!

Hopefully after today my world will be just down to the three men in my normal life and things will be as usual.

Speaking of the other men in my world.....Quin has been running the mile, 800 and 400 in track an enjoying it.  He hasn't been happy with his times but he has improved his times every single race.  He has another meet tomorrow night.  Nick ran a personal best last Friday beating his own record by 20 seconds!  He is now running the 3200 in under 11 minutes and placing in the top 5 usually.  And last, but not least, hubby is enjoying the new job....just not this morning...lol

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

And not a cabana boy among them I bet huh Dawn? lol

Nancy said...

Now get a lawn chair and give them men some fans and tell them to take care of you and fetch you some cold drinks.

Great Job Nick!!!

Oh and I love rhubarb, just pick, peel and eat YUM