Monday, October 1, 2007

Sports scene....or lack there of

Whew! That was actually a long weekend. Q had his football game and they got crushed. The other team had some HUGE players. Still a good game, they didn't give up without a fight. N's run didn't happen on Thursday. We drove all the way up to the run site (a golf course over an hour away) and watched the high school run, but they cancelled the middle school run.....grrrrr! Nothing like driving almost 3 hours for nothing! The drive was quite pretty though. The sky was partly cloudy with those puffy grey bottomed clouds....which held lightening and rain. This is what cancelled the run. It is too bad, because just about the moment N was going to run, a rainbow could be seen just above the line the kids were going to take off from, and the trees were lit up like fire with the sun shining on them. Would have made and AWESOME photo. Oh well, another one of those "the one that got away" moments.

Since it rained the entire weekend we did a lot of TV watching and house cleaning. I got the all the thrift sale stuff from my basement sorted and priced. I tackled the closet later in the weekend and I am just about ready to sort through my craft stuff to purge a few "older" things.

I am currently on book 8 of 13 in the Janet E saga. I had to skip 7 because it was not available at the library....so I will have to do a little backtracking in the story.

No comments: